“But now hear, O Jacob my servant, Israel whom I have chosen! Thus says the LORD who made you, who formed you from the womb and will help you: Fear not, O Jacob my servant, Jeshurun whom I have chosen. For I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants. They shall spring up among the grass like willows by flowing streams. This one will say ‘I am the LORD’s,’ another will call on the name of Jacob, and another will write on his hand, ‘ The LORD’s,’ and name himself by the name of Israel.”
“‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;
What is revival?
• (Ref: Psalm 85:1-13)
Restore and Revive
• 4 Restore us again, O God of our salvation, and put away your indignation toward us! 5 Will you be angry with us forever? Will you prolong your anger to all generations? 6 Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?
- “Restore” means to “return to a previous condition”
- “Revive” means to “return, to become stronger, spiritual strength”
Do we need a spiritual revival? Why is this needed today?
“‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! Revelation 3:15
- Complacency& self-satisfaction
- Lack of concern for the lost and suffering
- Secret sins
- Unforgiving spirit
How can we have revival, a return to life?
• Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?
“Will you not yourself revive us again”
Not man, but God!
- Face up to our own spiritual reality.
Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you? -unless indeed you fail to meet the test! II Corinthians 13:5
- Cultivate an earnest desire to be revived.
“Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; 7 let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
- Pray for a renewal of your conviction and a restoration of your conversation!